Area Sales Engineer, Neg Basic, Bonus, Car, Phone, Pension plus additional benefits
Our Client, a leading supplier of a wide range of automation components, wishes to add to and strengthen their product sales team of their Pneumatic and Process Control sales team. On their behalf, we have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Sales Engineer or Area Sales Manager with Pneumatics experience or Process Control & Automation experience to join this dynamic and growing organisation. This is an excellent opportunity for either a fully experienced sales professional in this product area or a less experienced but ambitious to succeed graduate or HNC level candidate with some early sales related experience, or could be a perfect opportunity for a Technical Support or Internal Sales Engineer to make that progression into a Field Sales role.
Reporting to the UK Process Division Commercial Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Contributing to sales growth of the product range.
- Working to Account Development plan for key accounts.
- To support customer enquiries technically and commercially.
- Identify, qualify, and register new business users.
- Maintain accurate and relevant records.
- Research for new OEM accounts.
- Selling value concepts.
- Building one-to-one relationships with target accounts.
- Understand and develop knowledge of the company, company values and products.
- Liaise with Sales Manager and other team members to maximise business opportunities.
- Learn the features, the benefits, options, and applications for all catalogued products.
- Promote all new products to all customers by sales presentations.
- Attend sales meetings, team meetings, training sessions and exhibitions as required.
- Undertake any special projects or tasks that may be required.
The role requires a highly motivated and technically qualified or experienced sales engineer with knowledge of pneumatic components or process control, and possibly some knowledge of industrial electrical and automation components. You will be able to demonstrate a strong and successful technical sales background, have ideally worked in pneumatics or engineering and have a solid knowledge of the industry.
The key skills required for this role are:
- Good organisational, planning, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Knowledge of pneumatic equipment including cylinders, valves, air treatment and handling equipment.
- Ability to research for new OEM business within the pneumatics and automation industry
- Able to make own planned appointments and make introductions and presentations face-to-face with customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Sound sense of responsibility, attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- IT skills - SAP, CRM, Microsoft Word, XP, Excel, Explorer, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing and established equipment solutions provider. Good training, career prospects and benefits package including a bonus/commission scheme, a company car as required for the role, contributory pension.
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.