Technical Applications and Support Engineer Staffordshire up to circa £35K NEG DOE plus bonus pension health insurance.
We have a superb opportunity to join our Clients successful and high performing organisation in a Technical Support role. This is your chance to be part of an accomplished and enthusiastic technical cross-functional organization in a customer technical application support role in the Control & Automation market in return for an excellent package. Our client has a requirement for an internally based electrically qualified engineer to provide response to customer technical enquiries, training and support to both colleagues and customers, you may also on occasion be required to prepare quotation, contractual and project documentation, review CAD drawings, liaise with the sales team on such issues for the full product range. The companies products are used within the electrical, process, energy, construction and transport industry, so a wide range of knowledge would be ideal.
You will be required to understand and able to identify the full product range with the ability to up sell the product range or offer alternatives along with cross referencing competitor products and providing front line technical support for customers and colleagues. For example, understanding what a specific part or product does; understanding the key features of a specific product, identify it’s suitability for purpose, be acquainted with the product range (i.e varying sizes / colour), identification of compatible accessories and to identify the customer’s requirements to meet their specific need and purpose. The ability to investigate and fault find on reported defective products is included in the role duties so a practical use of electrical test equipment and lab facilities would be highly beneficial. Occasionally the position may involve supporting external sales in visiting, meeting, presenting to and training customers and other internal staff, so a willingness to travel when required is necessary.
Experience and technical ability:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification probably Honours Degree, HNC or ONC.
- Good communicator with good presentation skills
- Strong electrical design background.
- Ideally extensive experience of the industrial automation, process control panel/systems industry.
- Familiarity with industrial specification processes and commercial constraints.
- On site Electrical installations experience.
- An understanding of engineering, production and supply chain processes and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of general engineering practices.
- Knowledge of Process Industries including oil and gas, water, transport and automotive.
- Clear understanding of European standards and specifications.
- Competent in all Microsoft Office package.
- Familiarity of SAP or similar ERP system an advantage.
- Good understanding of safe working practices in an electrical enviroment.
- Excellent spoken and written English (basic Italian would be an advantage)
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.