Internal Technical Sales Support Engineers Control & Automation £25K - £30K plus benefits.
Our Client has a requirement for an office based internal technical support engineer for industrial electrical components, you will require experience and understanding of Electrical Control & Automation components in order to provide technical knowledge to the internal sales team and external customers whilst developing and maintaining customer relationships and promoting products and services to maximise sales opportunities. Ideally you will have knowledge of a wide range of electrical market related products, particularly control panel products or sensor and automation products, including photo electric, inductive, capacitive types and are likely to have strengths in more than one product area. This could be industrial electrical automation including variable speed drives, control gear, switchgear, circuit protection, electro mechanical components, connectors, cable management systems, enclosures, sensors, photo electric, capacitive, inductive, level detection, vision sensors. Office based you are likely to be located Huntingdon, Corby, Kettering, Wellingborough, Northampton, Bedford area in order to commute.
As the Technical Support Engineer you will respond to and handle all product technical enquiries for a range of components. You will be required to understand and able to identify the full product range with the ability to offer alternatives if required and advise on the selection of products where possible. You will liaise with Field Sales Engineers and other staff to achieve the branch objectives and sales performance and as is normal in a small and dedicated team environment engage in other duties.
In order to be successful you will need technical electrical knowledge, product applications knowledge and commercial awareness. The qualification indicated is likely in order to perform this role, however, candidates able to demonstrate sufficient experience & knowledge would be equally considered. Recent graduates in Electrical Engineering would also be considered.
Knowledge and Experience
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- ONC/HNC in Electrical engineering (or equivalent electrical engineering qualification)
- Technically competent with a range of electrical equipment and practices.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and data entry systems
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience in similar sales /customer service environment.
- Liaise with Sales Engineers, other branched and sales staff.
- Assist with Tele sales and other pro active sales activities.
- Experience with an electrical engineering role, or a background in electrical distribution would be an advantage.
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.