Technical Applications and Support Engineer East Midlands up to circa £40K inc OTE DOE plus benefits.
If you are looking for your chance to be part of an accomplished and enthusiastic technical cross-functional organization in a customer technical application support role in the Control & Automation market in return for an industry leading package we have an outstanding opportunity on offer.
To expand their existing team our client has a requirement for an internally based Engineer to provide response to customer technical enquiries, prepare quotation, contractual and project documentation, review CAD drawings, liaise with production and the sales team on such issues and provide overspill telephone technical support, for the full product range, to the internal sales team and customer base. You will be working within the electrical, process, energy, construction and transport industry; engineering customer or application led solutions by utilising the companies portfolio of products and services.
You will be required to understand and able to identify the full product range with the ability to up sell the product range or offer alternatives along with cross referencing competitor products and providing front line technical support for customers and colleagues. For example, understanding what a specific part or product does; understanding the key features of a specific product, identify it’s suitability for purpose, be acquainted with the product range (i.e varying sizes / colour), identification of compatible accessories and the ablility to identify the customer’s requirements to meet their specific need and purpose. Occasionally the position involves supporting external sales in visiting, meeting, presenting to and training customers and other internal staff, so a willingness to travel when required is necessary.
Experience and technical ability:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification probably Honours Degree, HNC or ONC.
- Good communicator with good presentation skills
- Strong electrical design background.
- Extensive experience of the industrial automation, process control panel/systems industry.
- Good knowledge of remote I/O solutions, plc interfaces and remote access programming.
- Familiarity with industrial specification processes and commercial constraints.
- On site Electrical installations experience.
- Ideally working knowledge of Autocad and ATEX certification is desirable.
- An understanding of engineering, production and supply chain processes and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of general engineering practices.
- Knowledge of Process Industries including oil and gas, water, transport and automotive.
- Clear understanding of European standards and specifications.
- Competent in all Microsoft Office package.
- Familiarity of SAP or similar ERP system an advantage.
- Good understanding of safe working practices in an electrical environment.
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.