Technical Sales Engineer based Kent - up to circa £30K NEG DOE plus benefits.
We have 2 superb opportunities to join our Clients successful and high performing organisation in a
l Technical Sales Engineer role.
It is intended that these roles are development roles in which the successful applicants will be provided with experience in the engineering department liaising with customers and other engineering team members providing technical support to clients on existing product ranges, further commercial development training and experience will be gained in order to progress further in the business. Commencing with the engineering team to gain a sound technical knowledge of the products, manufacturing processes and technologies involved in the company and providing development support on new product development, finally progressing to the sales team to utilize this knowledge in assisting clients with product selection and effectively growing and developing the business.
This is your chance to be part of an accomplished and enthusiastic technical cross-functional organization in the Industrial Electrical Power Distribution market in return for an excellent package. Our client has a requirement for 2 internally based qualified engineers to provide support to both colleagues and customers, you may also be required to prepare project documentation and CAD drawings and design briefs as well as working along side the sales team and design engineers for the full product range. The companies products are used within the electrical power distribution sector and have applications and uses for those involved in the electrification infrastructure including M&E contractors, Electrical Installers, Electricians and large End Users.
You will be required to understand and able to identify the full product range with the ability to up sell the product range or offer alternatives along with cross referencing competitor products and providing front line technical support for customers and colleagues. For example, understanding what a specific part or product does; understanding the key features of a specific product, identify it’s suitability for purpose, be acquainted with the product range, identification of compatible accessories and to identify the customer’s requirements to meet their specific need and purpose.
Likely locations in order to commute to the company offices on the North of Kent will be: Gillingham, Chatham, Rainham, Aylesford, Maidstone, Gravesend, Dartford, Sittingbourne.
Experience and technical ability:
- Qualified in an Engineering discipline to Level 4 / HNC level or above.
- 2 to 3 years experienceworking in the electro - mechanical/mechanical manufacturing or a product design/design engineer role.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and principles.
- Assist in writing Product Design Specifications
- Project management experience
- Be commercially aware
- Support concept design and scope of product design to meet functional and cost requirements
- Define materials and specify components
- Work with internal manufacturing to ensure effective transition through manufacturing
- Basic 3D CAD experience
- Good communicator with good presentation skills
- Familiarity with industrial specification processes and commercial constraints.
- An understanding of engineering, materials, production and supply chain processes and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of general engineering practices.
- Understanding of European standards and specifications.
- Competent in all Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent spoken and written English
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.
Post codes used are for advertising purposes and do not necessarily represent the exact location of the role.