Technical Sales Engineer / Manager – Basic up to £35K Neg DOE plus Bonus Company Car Mobile Pension Private Medical
On behalf of our Client, a manufacturer of electrical, electronic and electromechanical system components and solutions, applications include home appliances, heating and hot water, industrial applications, chemical industry, medical technology, bio-technology and energy, we are seeking to recruit a Technical Sales Engineer with sales skills combined technical knowledge to provide pre & post advice and support on a range of products. The Technical Sales Engineers in the team are a key point of contact for clients and provide both a technical and sales function in advice, answering queries, and introducing new products.
They liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, as well as senior Management, both in the U.K. and overseas.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- Identifying and establishing new business
- Developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Organising sales visits
- Liaising with existing clients
- Preparing tenders, proposals and quotations
- Providing pre-sales and after-sales support
- Negotiating contracts, Terms and Conditions
- Reviewing cost and sales performance
- Writing reports and sales literature
- Providing product education and advice
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- Ensuring that sales targets are met
- Able to travel throughout sales territory (UK initially with increased regions to Scandanavia in the 2-3 years)
Qualifications and training required
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record ideally in similar key market areas as mentioned earlier, possibly with software sales and good all round knowledge of technology. They must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organisation, possessing strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and when submitting reports. Preferably a graduate with qualifications in computer science/engineering, and physics, an engineering discipline (probably Electrical, Electronic, Electromechanical), mathematics, applied science and software engineering. Previous relevant experience gained in any commercial/sales area involving contact with customers or the general public is essential.
For a suitable candidate if further qualification is required day release can be included.
Key skills & Competencies for Technical Sales Engineers
- Strong technical skills
- Effective Communication
- Analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Interpersonal Skills
A full driving license & passport is 100% necessary.
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.