Sales Manager / Business Development Manager - Circa £High neg basic plus bonus, quality car, and other benefits.
We are appointed as the sole consultants for our client and as such have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Manager, with experience at a national level and ready to take the next step to join the UK based team of a successful European manufacturer of high quality measurement, safety and control components for the electrical and electronic market place.
A well respected specialist in their field, our client is looking for an experienced Sales Management professional, with technical ability in electrical engineering, to manage the internal sales office function including the administrative activities which facilitate the operation of the office, stock, people and resources. In addition you will manage and work with the externally based field sales engineers to drive the further sales development of an existing, established range of control & automation components comprising Safety Relays and Safety Systems, Measurement & Control and pcb components. You will be guiding and motivating a small team as well as managing some key accounts directly and leading the team activities with consultants, end users, distributors, M&E design houses, EPC companies, and long term projects to achieve specification and preferred supplier status. In addition to being actively involved in the daily management of sales activities you will liaise closely with the manufacturing in other countries as required.
As a candidate you must have experience in a management role in the Electrical/Electronic related market place, along with a strong sales bias and the ability to develop sales plans and strategy in line with the common goals for the overall company strategy, manage pricing, margin and fixed costs in line with business unit requirements along with sales revenue and costs budget targets for the business.
In addition channel management experience and knowledge of selling via electrical wholesalers, distributors and reseller channels would be desirable. Knowledge and experience of selling to the Rail and Transport sector is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Management of the Field Sales team and activities.
- Managing the internal Customer Service, Admin and Accounts team.
- Managing Sales meetings.
- Overall responsibility for setting and achieving sales targets.
- Direct responsibility for nominated key accounts.
- Working within a small team to develop the Web based Distributor offering within the U.K.
- Supporting Field Sales Executives as required.
- Liaison with other departmental managers.
- Input to pricing and stocking policy.
- Input to marketing.
- Managing exhibition appearance and stands.
- Able to understand wide-ranging technical requirements of customer applications and advise accordingly
- Capable of providing accurate and comprehensive pre-sales information designed to maximise the commercial opportunity.
- Capable of developing a coherent sales strategy to increase sales and market share, incorporating all available channels to market including web, direct marketing, trade shows, telephone contact to distributors
- Must be self-motivated and ambitious, capable of generating new ideas
- Must have the determination and drive to succeed
- Must be an excellent communicator with a flexible approach
- A relevant engineering qualification is not required but may be an advantage.
- Good micro soft package and knowledge of CRM systems
- Must have a clean current UK driving license