Customer Services / Sales Administrator Southampton Salary £20000 - £25000 basic plus Pension, & other benefits, free parking on site. Full time normal office hours - part time applicants considered.
If you are looking for your chance to be part of an accomplished and enthusiastic Customer Service team as a Sales Support and Customer Services Administrator working in a friendly team and a business to business sales environment, we have an outstanding opportunity on offer.
To expand their existing team our client has a requirement for a Sales Administrator to provide telephone sales support to in bound customer sales enquiries. As part of the internal sales team you will be required to carry out a variety of duties involved in the sales process in an office environment, so previous experience in a commercial sales environment, good administrative and communication skills and accuracy are essential. Understanding of a Sales Order Processing system and Microsoft packages will be required, experience of stores procedures would be beneficial. An advantage, but not essential, would be experience in a business involved in distribution of goods, products or components, use of stock codes and stores locations. Probably living and commuting in the Southampton, Eastleigh, Winchester, Fareham areas of Hampshire.
Duties would include:
- Dealing with customer orders and enquiries over the telephone, fax and post, checking prices, discounts and stock availability.
- Ensure that all sales and purchase orders are complete and accurate before entry onto the system
- Competence in the use of a CRM system
- To progress any outstanding customer orders on suppliers or via central purchasing
- To check and complete confirmation orders and advise customers of any discrepancies
- Occasionally booking in and checking deliveries into the branch
- Source and price non-stocked items to satisfy customer requirements
- To assist in Telesales / Pro-active telephone sales activities
- Cross referencing and switch selling of products to maximise profitability
- Liaise with Sales Engineers, other departments and branches
- General Office Administration duties
- Be flexible and willing to offer occasional assistance/cover in the warehouse
- Operate in accordance with Quality Assurance and Health & Safety directives
Qualifications / education required:
Good standard of general education particularly in English and Maths.
Preferably, to have worked in a similar sales office environment
Specialist training required:
Relevant product knowledge.
Any particular aptitude / skill required:
Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
Good keyboard skills with attention to detail.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.