Purchasing Manager - Leicestershire Up to £55,000 Basic + Bonus, Excellent Pension, PMI & Other Benefits with Hybrid working a possibility
On behalf of our client we are seeking a Purchasing Manager with experience at a senior level, and in a technical product area, ideally within the Electrical sector and or Oil & Gas sector related.
As the successful candidate you will have a proven track record in a similar purchasing role in a manufacturing, engineering or technical services industry.
A qualification in Supply Chain Management at Degree level or CIPS is most likely and in addition a qualification or experience related to an Electrical Engineering environment would be advantageous, as would Project Purchasing experience.
In this role you will be dealing and liaising with overseas colleagues and suppliers regularly and some amount of regional and possibly global travel may be necessary from time to time.
- Oversee all purchasing and tracking of spend to budget
- Manage the internal purchasing process and the placing of orders with external suppliers both in the UK and overseas
- Proactively seek out opportunities for the business to make immediate and long-term cost savings.
- Improve the systems & processes in support of better stock management to help improve production efficiency, this includes maintaining minimum and maximum stock levels.
- Develop and maintain a reliable base of suppliers who provide good value, competitive pricing and first-class post sales service and support.
- Liaise with suppliers both in the UK and Overseas to understand market conditions and any potential impact these might have on pricing.
- Ensure prices negotiated are consistent and competitive.
- To maintain the delivery schedule on all sea freights,
Experience & Ability required
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.
- CIPS or other Supply Chain Management qualification.
- Electrical qualification or experience & understanding in a related industry.
- Ideally experience in an engineering or manufacturing supply chain role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate efficiently with suppliers, customers and all areas of the business
- Good commercial acumen and excellent negotiation skills working with colleagues and external suppliers across a range of disciplines, including manufacturing, engineering, laboratory, sales and finance.
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail to effectively support the company in delivering time-bound projects.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint & Excel.