Product Manager – Electrical Industrial Sector. High Basic, performance Bonus, Company Pension, plus other benefits
Our client has a superb opportunity for a Product Manager working for the leading U.K. based manufacturing division of an international, global, electrical group.
In addition to several year experience as a Product Manager it is highly desirable that you have some technical electrical knowledge or qualification in order to understand the requirements of product functionality and appeal to the customer and collaborate with product development, production and engineering teams.
This is a key role and fits within a team of Product Mangers based internationally, besides remote, virtual communication with colleagues it will involve some occasional travel to other company locations in the UK and Europe.
In this role you will:
Manage the product lifecycle: ensure the adequacy of the offer in relation to the needs of the customers in terms of creation, modification or suppression of the products or services offered, analyze the lifecycle, build and propose the business plan of the product and the positioning of the 4P range, rationalize and harmonize the product lines.
Ensure the evolution of the range: improve, maintain and extend the range, provide technical support to operational staff, monitor the performance of the range, initiate and support projects to improve the product and service offering.
Monitor and develop technical, technological and competitive market studies, capture the expressed and latent needs of customers, interpret medium-term market trends and identify growth opportunities.
As a technical referent, make decisions on technical, application or quality issues.
Contribute technically to the sustainability of documentation and product information in terms of tools and databases.
Coordinate with the R&D departments the development plans and the introduction of new products by ensuring the time-to-market of the new products.
Support sales, identify target markets and penetration strategies, propose a market price...
Represent the interests of the Group within Standardization Committees and professional associations.
Lead the rationalization of the product ranges; establish the UK based site as the main source of these ranges for the whole Group.
- Some technical knowledge of electrical industry
- Knowledge of the concepts and techniques in marketing (4P) and sales
- Know how to establish a business plan and a provisional budget
- Know how to evaluate and analyze a price and ensure the profitability of a product and a range of products
- Have an open and positive attitude towards change
- Ability to analyze and summarize,
- Demonstrate ease and flexibility in relationships,
- Ability to work in a team and transversally,
- To be curious and innovative, and share suggestions
- Be proactive and reactive,
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for his or her area of responsibility
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Languages: fluent French is a plus, other language desired (German or Spanish)
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.
Post codes used are for advertising purposes and do not represent the location of the employer.