IT Support Technician Northamptonshire. Excellent Negotiable Salary DOE plus Annual Bonus, Pension, on-site parking, other benefits
Due to continued growth and promotion, a new opportunity has arisen with our Client for an I.T. Support Engineer. This position is to support the IT Manager in managing and maintaining the internal software, hardware and infrastructure systems within the business and work in partnership with the businesses third-party providers.
You should have 1st line and 2nd line support desk experience in an I.T. team with evidence of knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, basic networking, cloud based products, an understanding of Office 365, good communication and customer care skills. You will be working in a successful B2B distribution business which has grown consistently year on year and spans the whole UK plus overseas offices.
Our Client offers a competitive salary and other benefits, along with full induction training and familiarisation of the companies systems and marketplace.
- Provide 1st & 2nd Line IT support.
- Prepare computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Maintain IT Systems documentation and user guides.
- Support the creation of user accounts and profiles.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Prioritise and manage workload, updating the internal tracking systems.
- Respond to requests within a reasonable period.
- Manage the Asset Management system.
- Provide reports to the IT & Business Support Manager.
- Identify problematic areas and report them.
- Support the existing technical IT systems and Infrastructure.
- Support the introduction of technologies to improve productivity and security.
- Ensure compliance with company IT policies.
- Ensure IT equipment is always organised and stored safely.
- Review/liaise with the 3rd party IT team regarding outstanding tickets and projects.
- A minimum of 2 year in an IT environment.
- Experience with Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, Intune, Veeam, VMWare, Hyper-V.
- Familiarity with IT Resources Asset Management
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals
- Understanding of security products and the cyber threat landscape
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational and task management skills.
- Ability to challenge and propose alternatives.
- Pro-activity, drive, and energy – a genuine desire to strive for improvement.
Full training will be provided to the right candidate.
Please note the post codes used for location are for advertising purposes only and do not represent the company location.