Sales Administrator Manchester circa £20K to £23K basic plus Pension, Life Assurance, Private Health Plan option and other benefits
If you are looking for your chance to be part of an accomplished and enthusiastic sales team as an internal sales support assistant working in a friendly team and a business to business sales environment, we have an outstanding opportunity on offer.
To expand their existing team our client has a requirement for an internally based Sales person to provide telephone mainly reactive sales support to in bound customer sales enquiries. As part of the small internal sales team you will be required to carry out a variety of duties involved in the sales process in a branch environment, so previous experience in a commercial sales environment and good administrative skills are essential. Understanding of a Sales Order Processing system and Microsoft packages will be required, experience of stores procedures would be beneficial. An advantage, but not essential, would be experience in a component sales business or distributor or wholesaler environment, especially an electrical or electronic product area. Probably living in Manchester or surrounding commutable area, for example, Bolton, Prestwich, Bury, Ashton, Stockport, Altrincham, Sale, Stretford, Eccles, Leigh, Greater Manchester.
Duties would include:
- Dealing with customer orders and enquiries over the telephone, fax and post, checking prices, discounts and stock availability.
- Ensure that all sales and purchase orders are complete and accurate before entry onto the system
- To progress any outstanding customer orders on suppliers or via central purchasing
- To check and tie up confirmation orders and advise customers of any discrepancies
- Occasionally booking in and checking deliveries into the branch
- Source and price non-stocked items to satisfy customer requirements
- To assist in Telesales / Pro-active telephone sales activities
- Cross referencing and switch selling of products to maximise profitability
- Liaise with Sales Engineers, other departments and branches
- General Office Administration duties
- Be flexible and willing to offer occasional assistance/cover in the warehouse
- Operate in accordance with Quality Assurance and Health & Safety directives
Qualifications / education required:
Good standard of general education particularly in English and Maths.
Preferably, to have worked in a similar sales office environment
Specialist training required:
Relevant product knowledge.
Any particular aptitude / skill required:
Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
Good keyboard skills with attention to detail.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.