Internal Sales Administrator £20K - £23K basic plus Pension, Life Assurance, Health Plan, Free Parking, all benefits to be confirmed at interview
If you are looking for your chance to be part of an accomplished and enthusiastic sales team as an internal sales executive working in a friendly sales environment, we have an outstanding fixed term 9 month contract opportunity on offer, with the possibility of extending the contract.
For the purpose of maternity cover our client has a requirement for an internal Sales Administrator to provide telephone sales support to in bound customer sales enquiries. As a part of the small internal sales team you will be required to carry out a variety of duties involved in the sales process in a branch environment, so previous experience in a commercial sales environment and good administrative skills are essential. Understanding of a Sales Order Processing system and Microsoft packages will be required, experience of stores procedures would be beneficial. An advantage, but not essential, would be experience in business to business, component or engineering sales, wholesale or distribution environment. You are likely to live Dewsbury, Batley, Ossett, Wakefield, Mirfield, Tingley, Lofthouse for an short commute however candidates with transport further afield will be accepted.
Duties would include:
- Dealing with customer orders and enquiries over the telephone, fax and post, checking prices, discounts and stock availability.
- Ensure that all sales and purchase orders are complete and accurate before entry onto the system
- To progress any outstanding customer orders on suppliers or via central purchasing
- To check and tie up confirmation orders and advise customers of any discrepancies
- Occasionally booking in and checking deliveries into the branch
- Source and price non-stocked items to satisfy customer requirements
- To assist in Telesales / Pro-active telephone sales activities
- Cross referencing and switch selling of products to maximise profitability
- Liaise with Sales Engineers, other departments and branches
- General Office Administration duties
- Be flexible and willing to offer occasional assistance/cover in the warehouse
- Operate in accordance with Quality Assurance and Health & Safety directives
Qualifications / education required:
Good standard of general education particularly in English and Maths.
Preferably, to have worked in a similar sales office environment.
Specialist training required:
Relevant product knowledge.
Any particular aptitude / skill required:
Customer Services skills
Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
Good keyboard skills with attention to detail.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Post Codes used are for advertising purposes only.
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.