Group Sales Manager - Circa £63K to £70K negotiable basic salary plus bonus, quality company car, pension, and benefits package.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales manager with previous team leader or manager experience to join a UK based and successful electrical and electronic component company, managing the sales function in the UK, Ireland and Scandi countries.
A well respected specialist in their field, our client is looking for an experienced Sales Manager to lead the sales teams and drive the further development of an existing, established range of products for the industrial, residential and commercial sector applications in various market sectors. You will have input to the senior management team planning and develop the sales strategy for the sale team.
In addition you will be managing some key accounts directly, leading the team activities with consultants, specifiers and architects and long term projects.
A technical qualification in Electrical Engineering is highly likely and ideally would be HNC or Degree level along with further career development training/management qualification.
It is likely that the successful applicant will already have team leadership experience of 3 to 5 years. Channel management experience and knowledge of selling via electrical wholesalers, distributors and reseller channels would be desirable.
Ideally the successful candidate will have the experience and qualifications listed below:
- Management of the Field Sales team and activities.
- Managing Sales meetings.
- Overall responsibility for setting and achieving sales targets.
- Direct responsibility for nominated accounts and major catalogue distributors.
- Supporting Field Sales Executives as required.
- Liaison with other departmental managers.
- Input to pricing and stocking policy.
- Input to marketing.
- Managing exhibition appearance and stands.
- Able to understand wide-ranging technical requirements of customer applications and advise accordingly
- Capable of providing accurate and comprehensive pre-sales information designed to maximise the commercial opportunity.
- Capable of developing a coherent sales strategy to increase sales and market share, incorporating all available channels to market including web, direct marketing, trade shows, telephone contact to distributors
- Must be self-motivated and ambitious, capable of generating new ideas
- Must have the determination and drive to succeed
- Must be an excellent communicator with a flexible approach
- Good micro soft package and knowledge of CRM systems
- Must have a clean current UK driving license
For a confidential discussion apply for this position with your up to date CV.