Global Application Manager Assembled Systems - Process Industry – East Midlands
Negotiable salary commensurate with the role and package includes Bonus, Excellent Pension, PMI, Car or Allowance & Other Benefits.
We are partnered with our Client, a well-known and respected, leading company within the Industrial Control & Automation Industry, to find suitable candidates for the position of Global Application Manager to join their Engineering team based in the East Midlands, providing product and project engineering solutions to the process industries and industrial sectors.
In this role you will lead a team of over 15 people, managing daily activities, prioritising work load, to ensure that performance standards and department objectives are met, whilst supporting your line manager as required, to produce customer bids, design and documentation creation, on time and within budget.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Support, operate & secure the efficiency and effectiveness of assembled systems engineering activities, including establishment of quality and testing standards for assembled systems deployed.
- Manage and support assigned strategic product portfolio including creation and development of new solutions to be released to the market.
- Support for the line manager as required, working within any defined authority levels.
- Proactive recommendation to line manager of potential operational improvements and provide input to organization product development roadmap
- Provide front line support to sales network for assembled promotion, customer engagement and strategy.
- Working with sales teams on opportunities, advising on all aspects of engineering solutions
- Support the achievement of department/company objectives and the company quality plan.
- Inspect and release assembly works as per the governing local and international standards
You are most likely to have a background including panel workshop experience and management along with electrical design and project management experience as part of your career progression, which will probably include experience at a major systems integrator.
Experience and technical ability – mandatory/ crucial:
- Degree in Electrical / mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Ideally 10+ Years experience- proven experience (7-8 ok)
- Strong electrical enclosure mechanical design background
- Proven expert level knowledge in industrial environment certifications and standards including ATEX, IECEx UL and others.
- Top-level knowledge of cabinet building and design, including on-site installations.
- Experience in certification applications and management
- Project engineering & management experience
- Strong commercial awareness
- Clear communicator with good presentation skills (i.e.Develop and provide customer presentations.)
- Experience in having created and amended CAD and Soldworks drawings in order to collaborate with the applications team and estimators to produce concise and clear shop and factory drawings for fabrication or deployment
- Maintenance of department process/work instruction documents as required
- Ensuring that all the necessary service targets, reporting requirements and objectives are met.
- Maintain and support all required use of company CRM systems.
In this role you will be working and based at the company UK offices in the East Midlands with a global network of engineering and production resource and there will be requirement to travel globally when required.
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.