General Manager / Country Manager - Circa £High neg basic plus bonus, quality car, and other benefits.
We are appointed as the sole consultants for our client and as such have an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Manager, Country Manager with sales bias, or experienced Sales Manager with senior manager experience at a national level and ready to take the next step to join the UK based team of a successful European manufacturer of high quality enclosure products predominantly for the electrical and electronic market place.
A well respected specialist in their field, our client is looking for an experienced Sales Management professional to drive the further sales development of an existing, established 17 ranges of enclosure products manufactured at six sites across Europe and the U.S.A. You will be guiding and motivating a team total of around 7 person, as well as managing some key accounts directly and leading the team activities with consultants, end users, distributors, M&E design houses, EPC companies, and long term projects to achieve specification and preferred supplier status.
The company has a global presence with 6 production sites and a daily commercial presence through its own service centres and network of distribution partners throughout the world. Investing heavily in R&D, the company philosophy has remained unchanged being to design and manufacture quality enclosure products useful accessories, product improvements and value added services for demanding applications.
In addition to being actively involved in the daily management of sales activities you will liaise with other business units and manufacturing in other countries as required. Develop sales plans and strategy in line with the common goals for the overall company strategy. Manage pricing, margin and fixed costs in line with business requirements along with sales revenue and costs budget targets for the business.
As a candidate you are likely to have experience es management role in the Electrical/Electronic related market place, in addition channel management experience and knowledge of selling via electrical wholesalers, distributors and reseller channels would be desirable.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Management of the Field Sales team and activities.
- Managing Sales meetings.
- Overall responsibility for setting and achieving sales targets.
- Direct responsibility for nominated accounts and major catalogue distributors.
- Supporting Field Sales Executives as required.
- Liaison with other departmental managers.
- Input to pricing and stocking policy.
- Input to marketing.
- Managing exhibition appearance and stands.
- Able to understand wide-ranging technical requirements of customer applications and advise accordingly
- Capable of providing accurate and comprehensive pre-sales information designed to maximise the commercial opportunity.
- Capable of developing a coherent sales strategy to increase sales and market share, incorporating all available channels to market including web, direct marketing, trade shows, telephone contact to distributors
- Must be self-motivated and ambitious, capable of generating new ideas
- Must have the determination and drive to succeed
- Must be an excellent communicator with a flexible approach
- A relevant engineering qualification is not required but may be an advantage.
- Good micro soft package and knowledge of CRM systems
- Must have a clean current UK driving license
For a confidential discussion apply for this position with your up to date CV now.