Buyer – negotiable competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension 25 days holiday increasing after service.
On behalf of our Client, a leading manufacturing organisation in their field that designs and manufactures a wide range of equipment that is used throughout the electrical industry, we are seeking an experienced Buyer to work within the purchasing department of the business.
The Buyer will report to the Purchasing Manager and will be responsible for contributing towards the successful delivery of the purchasing cost reduction strategy through the achievement of allocated purchasing projects and carrying out tendering processes. Ensuring alignment to company operational activities and sourcing goods and services that ensure the supply chain needs of the company are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of the Company for the supply of requisitioned or specified materials, goods and services.
- Supply market analysis and supplier intelligence activities.
- Complete cost reductions projects on areas of significant spend.
- Ensure that suppliers deliver the expected goods and services to the required quality, on time and at agreed cost.
- Manage supplier exceptions effectively and ensure mitigating actions are put into place and successfully delivered.
- Develop and manage the supplier base and continue to improve Supplier Payment terms in line with the Finance Timetable.
- On-going SRM and vendor management activities.
- Identify single source materials and approve new sources of supply to reduce supply risks.
- Work closely with internal customers and external suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective solutions with respect to materials and goods.
- Undertake analysis of price variation by focussing on product cost drivers and cost reduction.
- Strategically maintain competition amongst suppliers through communication, negotiation, appraisal and evaluation and competitive tendering.
- Manage the vendor rating and approval processes.
- Identify and assess commercial advantages to be gained from low-cost manufacturing countries.
- Communicate any issues which may impact the business operations in a timely fashion.
- Any other associated duties associated with the proficient running of the purchasing team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent.
- CIPS Qualified, or working towards CIPS Qualification.
- Proven purchasing experience. (Min 3 years)
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate.
- Ability to work autonomously, using own initiative.
- Strong co-ordination, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- The ability to build effective collaborative working relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Customer focused problem-solving skills.
- Experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment. (Desirable)
- Competitive Salary.
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 27 days after completion of 5 continuous years’ service.
- Pension Scheme.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 7:30am – 4pm and Friday 7:30am - 12:30pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
Must hold a full clean driving licence
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.