Internal Sales Administrator or Internal Sales Engineer £18K to £25K p.a. basic plus Pension.
As either an experienced Internal Sales Administrator, Account Manager, or an Internal Sales Engineer looking for your chance to be part of an accomplished and enthusiastic business, working in a friendly team and a business to business sales environment, we have an outstanding opportunity on offer.
To expand their existing team our client has a requirement for an internally based Sales person to provide telephone mainly reactive sales support to in bound customer sales enquiries. As part of the small internal sales team you will be required to carry out a variety of duties involved in the sales process in an office environment, so previous experience in a commercial sales environment and good administrative skills are essential. Or if you are an experienced Internal Sales Engineer with some mechanical or engineering related experience or qualification along with sales experience we would be very pleased to hear from you. An advantage, but not essential, would be experience in a component sales business or distributor or wholesaler environment. You are likely to live Basingstoke or surrounding areas, Newbury, Thatcham, Hook, Reading, Farnborough, Andover, Winchester in order to commute.
Duties would include:
- Dealing with customer orders and enquiries over the telephone, fax and post, checking prices, discounts and stock availability.
- Ensure that all sales and purchase orders are complete and accurate before entry onto the system
- To progress any outstanding customer orders
- To check and tie up confirmation orders and advise customers of any discrepancies
- Occasionally booking in and checking deliveries into the business
- Update and support in the company CRM system
- To assist in Telesales / Pro-active marketing activities
- Liaise with external sales
- General Office Administration duties
- Be flexible and willing to offer occasional assistance/cover in the warehouse
- Operate in accordance with Quality Assurance and Health & Safety directives
- If the Technical role then take on board product training and deal with assisting customers technical enquiries
Qualifications / education required:
Good standard of general education particularly in English and Maths.
Minimum 2 year experience in a business to business sales office environment.
Microsoft Office user level experience
Good communication and relationship building skills are highly desirable.
Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Possible an engineering qualification but not essential.
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.