Internal Sales Northampton up to circa £18K.
If you are looking for your chance to be part of an accomplished and enthusiastic sales team as an internal sales support assistant working in a friendly team and a business to business sales environment, we have an outstanding opportunity on offer.
To expand their existing team our client has a requirement for an internally based Sales person to provide telephone mainly reactive sales support to in bound customer sales enquiries. As a part of the small internal sales team you will be required to carry out a variety of duties involved in the sales process in a branch environment, so previous experience in a commercial sales environment and good administrative skills are essential. Understanding of a Sales Order Processing system and Microsoft pakages will be required, experience in an industrial products distributor or environment involving sales on a business to business basis is highly desirable, as would experience in a industrial component sales business or distributor or wholesaler environment especially related to the electrical sector. A candidate with purchasing experience would also be of equal interest. Convenient commuting would be from/living in Northampton, Wellingborough, Towcester or surrounding area.
Duties would include:
- Dealing with customer orders and enquiries over the telephone, fax and post, checking prices, discounts and stock availability.
- Ensure that all sales and purchase orders are complete and accurate before entry onto the system
- To progress any outstanding customer orders on suppliers or via central purchasing
- To check and tie up confirmation orders and advise customers of any discrepancies
- Occasionally booking in and checking deliveries into the branch
- Source and price non-stocked items to satisfy customer requirements
- To assist in Telesales / Pro-active telephone sales activities
- Cross referencing and switch selling of products to maximise profitability
- Liaise with Sales Engineers, other departments and branches
- General Office Administration duties
- Be flexible and willing to offer occasional assistance/cover in the warehouse
- Operate in accordance with Quality Assurance and Health & Safety directives
Qualifications / education required:
Good standard of general education particularly in English and Maths.
Preferably, to have worked in a similar sales office environment in a branch of a trade distributor/ wholesale business.
Any particular aptitude / skill required:
To register your interest contact us with an up to date CV and we will be pleased to call you for a confidential discussion.
Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
Good keyboard skills with attention to detail.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team